For Information on these hunts please refer to the North Carolina Wildlife Resource Commission Reguations guide for the following:
WEB SITE: http://www.ncwildlife.org/LawEnforcement/digest
2018-2019 Seasons, Bag limits and shooting hours for webless migratory game birds and waterfowl season beginning prior to October 1st.
Call 1-800-675-0263 for a recording of these dates
|Dove (2,3,)||Sept.1 – Oct. 6 &
Nov. 17 – Dec 1
Dec. 10 – Jan. 31.2019
|King and Clapper Rails (3)||Sept. 1 – Oct 13 &
Oct 22-Nov. 28
|Sora and Virginia Rails (3)||Sept. 1 – Oct 1 23
Oct 22-Nov. 28
|Gallinule and Moorhens (3)||Sept. 1- Oct 13, Oct 22-Nov. 28||15|
|Woodcock||Dec. 8 – Jan 29||3|
|Common Snipe||Oct 27- Feb 28||8|
|Canada Goose (4)||Sept. 1-Sept. 29
|September Teal Season (5)||September 12 – Sept. 29
(east of US-17 only)
(1) Shooting hours for all species are 1/2 hour before sunrise to sunset unless otherwise specified.
(2) Includes mourning doves and white-winged doves.
(3) Daily bag limit is either singly or in aggregate
(4) In that area west of U.S. 17 only, expanded hunting methods are allowed for Canada geese. These include: a) shooting hours are extended to 1/2 hour after sunset, b) unplugged guns are permitted, c) electronic calls are permitted. This applies to this area only during the month of September.
(5) Includes blue winged, green-winged and cinnamon teal.
To review the rules and regulations of North Carolina, please go to the following link:
North Carolina Wildlife Law Enforcement Digest: